5 Tips For The Perfect Outfit...a.k.a. your costume:
The purpose for a senior portrait session is to capture you, your personality, interests and style. Clothing is an extension of your personality, and is one of the building blocks for your style. For those who say, "Who needs clothes to express themselves?" I reply back with, "Who doesn't?!" Fashion is fun. Planning the wardrobe for your senior portrait session is the beginning of the choreography, melding the costume that you choose and how you express your style and personality.
That said, just like the beginnings of choreographing a dance, selecting a costume (or wardrobe) requires some major thought, and getting it right can be the difference between a good and a great session. After all, those pictures are immortalized forever and ever. Not only that, but your peers will see them and I can pretty much promise you that your parents and grandparents will have a copy of your senior portrait in their house somewhere.
Here are five tips to consider when choosing your costume(s) for photo shoot day!
1. Don't stray far from your personal style. Make sure the outfits you wear are something you'd wear in your everyday life.
2. Accessorize. For men that includes cuff links, hats, belt buckles, shoes and scarves. For women that means jewelry, bags, sunglasses, shoes and belts.
3. Give your outfits a test run. Snap photographs of yourself wearing the outfits, move around in them and make sure they're comfortable and flattering.
4. If you're looking for outfit inspiration, check out what your favorite celebrities are wearing, hit social media (Pinterest and Instagram are great) and flip through your favorite magazines. Copy the URL’s and send them to us as we are planning your session, this will help us as well as you as we plan your session.
5. Don't be afraid to hit me up if you need help. I've got a lot of experience styling my clients and would love to work with you to create the perfect outfit!